Monday, June 30, 2014

Review: Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles #1)


11235712Cinder by Marissa Meyer


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Loved this book, had a blast with all the ups and downs. I'd find myself cracking up aloud and the rest of my family give me looks, and when something was going wrong, or when there was a scene with Cinder and Adri, or Pearl, or Levana, I'd find  myself mouthing out at the antagonists and pounding my fist down in defense for Cinder, my grandma came into the room thinking I fell (which happened yesterday, and am currently nursing a sprained ankle) or something, and the last scene of Peony, I'd hear myself saying, "No, no, no!" and again pound my fist, not wanting her to give in to the plague, to the inevitable.

The basic Cinderella story was not really my favorite fairytale, for obvious reasons of setting young girls up for failure in life with falling in love and finding a perfect prince that technically did not exist, but this story balances it out with some misfortunes and the good things. Makes it more realistic, and the fact that Kai and Cinder don't get togethr right away. At least I hope they do get together, eventually. Not at all in favor of Levana becoming Empress.

Predictable that Cinder wasn't able to kill Levana, then there would be the end of the story, but could have made the scene a little bit more intriguing. Let the bullet graze her skin, actually have the bullet go through her and leave her weak, for the time being. Or shoot her when she had her glamour on and destroy her bio electric engergy from making her beautiful, for a time, and let her hate scorch through the roof.

I love the part wear Cinder sees the fightened look on Levana's face, and that showed her revelation of Cinder being the lost Princess Selene of Luna.

Ready for the next book on the series!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment